Configuration

"between the good and the bad is where

you'll find me reaching for heaven"















FrenshiPath

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

System Restore: Laptop crashing

Few days before, I was in rush to log off my laptop, and did not bother clicking the ever-appearing pop ups, asking me to allow files to close, etc.

I went out for several hours.

Back at home, I opened my laptop... only to find everything in there has gone back to its default state, like the factory settings.

I was furious. I had no idea why it suddenly became like that, and after almost an hour trying to fix it by myself, I began to feel hopeless. It was so upsetting to find the laptop in such a state because I had quite a number of files vanished.

I've asked my bros and also my friends, but they had no idea how to restore the setting either. The only solution: go to the laptop service center. Ugh.

For some time, I used my other laptop, and did my other stuff, and delayed my going to the service center.

But then, out of boredom, I tried finding the solutions from the internet, just to test my luck... in case, there were people who had experienced the same thing.

Searching for a while, I didn't get the answer to my case, because the solutions they gave were such complicated ones that I didn't even understand any of it. *what's with 'command this' 'command that'?

Then, with my limited computer skills, I randomly opened the Control Panel and went straight to System and Security, as I remembered my bro told me something related to the system.

I found some terms about the System Restore... and though my understanding of computer is only limited to using Microsoft Office and Photo Editing software, I guessed that perhaps this System Restore thingy was somehow connected to my problem.

And so, without hesitating even for a bit (since I had nothing to lose, it's lost anyway) I clicked the restore link, and it gave me the choices to the dates/time I wanted to have the settings back.

Then, I chose THAT DAY, the date when I logged off hurriedly... 

.... I needed to restart.

.... TADA! Oh, Thank God!

It came back! Everything that I thought was gone has BACK! *sniff

Turned out, the solution was only a simple one. Glad I didn't have to go to the service center. At most, I needed not to take my money out of my pocket. Hahaha.

Moral: go learn some computer repair skills... just in case. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment