Configuration

"between the good and the bad is where

you'll find me reaching for heaven"















FrenshiPath

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Only Human

The below lyrics is translated from 'Only Human' by K, a soundtrack of a Japanese drama '1 Litre no Namida or 1 Litre of Tears'. 

Personally, I like listening to this song since its melody and the lyrics itself are really wonderful pieces of work. But, if you especially hear the song while watching the drama, trust me, the scenes are unbearable to watch. The drama, as the title has spoken, is full of tears for it is really heartbreaking to witness.

The drama is adapted from a true story of a girl named Aya, who very suddenly was attacked by spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA) --a severe disease to which the cerebellum of the brain slowly deteriorates to the extent that the affected person cannot walk, speak, write, or even eat-- however, she still managed to survive by  sharing her thoughts in a diary --because apparently, ataxia doesn't affect the mind-- before the disease didn't allow her to write at all.

The efforts she made throughout her life were painful and heart-touching. To make it worse, the disease is not curable. Even so, her determination to stay alive was top-notch. 

The drama portrays all of her activities since the first time she knew the disease until she spent most of her life in hospital to get treatments.

Her understanding and acceptance of her fate is one of the reasons I truly admire her. She has written the journal of herself to bring others who share similar circumstances to not lose hope. 

Even if it may seem impossible.

------------------

It's said that there is a smile
On the opposite side of sadness

It's said that there is a smile
On the opposite side of sadness
Up ahead from where I'm going to arrive at
Just what is it that's waiting for me?

I should have set off, not to run away
But to chase my dreams, back on that far off summer day

If I could have even seen what tomorrow would be like, 
I wouldn't have been able to breathe
So now I move forward
In order to go against the current, like a boat

It's said that happiness waits
In places that have been consumed by sadness
I'm still searching for
A sunflower at the end of the season

If I clench my fists, and wait for the morning sun to come
After my finger nails became bloody, my tears would fall

If I've grown used to being lonely
By the moonlight
I'll fly away with my featherless wings
I'll move further on ahead

If a rain cloud bursts
Then the wet road will sparkle
That's what the darkness tells me
The strong, strong light
I'll move forward, and be strong

--------------

No comments:

Post a Comment